Friday, December 19, 2008

Temple Lights.........

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

I remember the first time I saw the lights on Temple Square after moving to Utah, it was like nothing I had seen before. I was filled with the Christmas spirit. Every year since that first one I have tried to go downtown to take in that spirit again. Over the years I have gone with friends, church groups, dates, and family. I have to say that the best times have been with my our kids. Its fun to see them excited, everything is so simple when you're young.

Last Monday we went with some friends for Family Home Evening. Its fun to remind the boys that the temple is a sacred place and that they hopefully will all go there someday (now I'm singing the primary song). It was a cold night,but very fun regardless. We ended the night with hot chocolate of course.

This is all the kidos. Only one girl in the group. (even our friends have mostly boys)

The boys. (We didn't want to get Ben out of the stroller because he then wouldn't go back in)

The boys again. (this is taken from the roof at the Joseph Smith Building)


Nick and Ben

Ben all bundled up!

No comments: