Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dog People........

I just got back from a walk with the boys and the dog. We went to a small park near our house. I have to say that we are now "dog people". Its strange, we would have gone for the same walk last year and ran into the same people, but when you have a dog it's all different. They stop and talk to you, ask you about What kind is yours?", How long have you had her?, "Can I pet her?" I feel like I know all about them by the time they leave. And if they have a dog also..........its like an instant friendship. Sometimes a friendship I may not want.

Today there was a lady walking her dog in the park and after 5 minutes I know her dog is a miniature chihuahua, she works as a secretary for a law firm, her house is too small for her, she is having car trouble, she thinks the city should clean up the park, she thinks too many kids are not getting the correct supervision and that's why our country is going downhill, she has only lived in the area for a year, her dog doesn't like kids, she went to the Humane Society to pick out a dog but thought it was too sad, she had toast for breakfast and probably a few other things a tuned out as I was trying to watch Ben go down the slide my himself (which was so cute and definitely the highlight of the morning). I guess I will have to get used to all the attention we will get with such cute dog around.

3 comments:

Channynba said...

I have never really been a dog person either. I am glad that you are having fun with you new dog.

BLAKE and MINDI DELLINGER said...

get used to it.

Steph said...

That was funny!