Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finally an update!!!!!!!

So everyone can see I'm not too good at this whole blogging thing. I am going to try a bit harder. I have lots to catch up on.

In the spring, Mother's Day to be exact (yes I'm going back that far), we went to Zion's Ponderosa. It was a whole celebration of sorts for Wendy and Chad. They went and got married last fall in a civil ceremony, in which only my parents were in attendance. So they wanted to have a fun weekend party with our family and Chad's, a get to know you kinda thing. We all had the best time.

My mom and I wanted to do a silly "mock ceremony" just for fun. It's exactly why Wendy didn't want to have a big ceremony in the first place. We decorated the cabin, got a wedding cake, made them wear hats that said bride and groom, had her walk down the stairs to meet Chad, you know the whole bit. My Dad said a few words, that had us both laughing and crying, Jenny wrote a beautiful poem which she read with not a dry eye in the bunch. I also had a video made with pictures of them together set to nice music. It was a lot of fun, and Wendy and Chad were good sports about it.

The whole weekend we all had a blast. There were a million things to do, and we really tried to do them all. The Ranch has an activity barn with all kids of games. The kids and some of the adults did the zip line. I have to say it was hilarious watching my Mom scream all the way through the ride. Other activities that we did were, horse back riding, the climbing wall, rifle shooting, ATV rides, tennis, a horseshoe tournament, swimming and hiking. It was a non-traditional wedding reception, but the funnest I have ever been to. It was wonderful to meet and get to know Chads family who flew in from Atlanta. His mom was there along with his brother, sister in law, a niece, a nephew, cousins and an aunt.

Jenny reading her poem.

Wendy and Chad!

Drew with the gun.


Mat and the gun. Nick did it too.

Ben chillin' in the sun.


Eddie and Danny loved chauffeuring everyone around in the golf cart.

The big horseshoe tournament.

My lovely sisters and I on a hike in Zions Park.

The boys and grandma on horseback. Mat and someone in the activity barn playing ping-pong.

1 comment:

Channynba said...

love the update...congrats to Wendy and Chad. The boys are getting so big.