Wednesday, January 30, 2008

High-Ho, High-Ho it's off to work I go!

There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. Henry Ford

I can't believe how fast six weeks goes by. It's time to go back to work. I have to say I was a bit nervous, after all I am still learning the profession. I returned back on Sunday night. I only cried a little in the car on the way to the hospital. It's so hard to leave those little ones. I don't know why I was so nervous to leave the baby, after all Brett has always watched the boys after I returned from maternity leave and has always done a wonderful job. None the less its hard. I think part of the reason it was so hard was that I chose to go back after only 6 weeks. I could have taken up to 12 weeks, but with me being so new at the job I didn't want to lose those skills. The night went well and the 12 hours seemed to fly by. I survived without any caffeine too. Those last weeks before I had Ben were miserable and I kinda thought it would similar going back. It really is amazing how much faster I could walk and how much energy I had not being pregnant. I really do love working at the hospital and it's only 2 nights a week so hopefully I can survive.

4 comments:

Channynba said...

how exciting that you have a job that you really enjoy...I bet it is hard to go back after given birth to a beautiful baby.

The Lund Five said...

Once again congratulations on graduating from nursing school. It must feel really great to accomplish something like that. I still have years of school ahead of me before I can get a career. Now that's a fun thought!

drnicola said...

Did your husband brett by chance serve an LDS mission to france? If so have him email me.. thanks
Nick

drnicola said...

oh yeah, my email is nick.hodgman@gmail.com